Just like the first time, this could be a couple of things, only one of them being another rectal cancer metastasis. Remember, it could be an irritant, a tiny spot of infection, or some other scar. But, my money is it's one of TLB's minions. The procedure is to wait 3 months and scan again, evaluating the site for changes. Three months is Feb. 26th & 27th. I will have my blood drawn at 6:30 am, Sunday, Feb. 26th (yes, they run the CTs all day on Sundays) and then will have a CT scan prep starting at 7 am. Then on Monday morning, Joe and I will sit down with Dr. Kee and hear the report.
Well, enough of that. There are 108 synchronized heifers and only about 40 of them have calved so far with only 3 days until the official due date. They are taking their sweet time! Joe just texted me to say he has at least 6 in active labor and 2 brand new ones on the ground, so they're getting down to business. It's 11pm and my shift is starting. Fortunatedly, it is unusually warm and (53 degrees) so you can't beat the weather conditions. It's not a bad job either. One of the prettiest sounds in nature is the special moo that a new momma makes only when meeting her calf for the first time. It is music to the soul.
I'll keep you all posted. Look for another report around March 1. Until then, peace be with you!